The Apiculture NZ National Photography Competition
In 2022, all entries to the ApiNZ National Photography Competition will be made online. Entrants must fill out the entry form (below) and then supply photo entries as digital files to email@example.com by 5pm Tuesday 28 June 2022.
ApiNZ will print out photo entries to display at Conference. For this reason, we have introduced an entry fee of $10 per entrant. Entrants can enter up to a maximum of six photos in the competition.
The Competition has six categories:
- Close-up print – subject must relate to apiculture
- Scenic print – subject must relate to apiculture
- Portrait print – person involved in any part of the apiculture industry
- Essay prints – a set of four to five images depicting beekeeping, honey production etc.
- ‘Oh Darn!’ – for those oops moments that occur during beekeeping
- Beekeeping business challenge – get your beekeeping business to send in a photo of your ‘office’ (apiary site/s). Who’s got the best in the country? NEW CATEGORY
ApiNZ will print off all photos for display at the 2022 Conference at a size of 20cm x 30cm (or 10cm x 15cm for essay prints).
Each image will be judged on a scale of points to determine the overall winner in each category. The Supreme Winning photo will be the image that scored highest overall. Delegates at Conference will vote for their favourite image as part of the ‘People’s Choice Award’. Winners of the Supreme Winning Photo and The People’s Choice Award will be made at the Gala Dinner on Friday 1 July.