Following the conclusion of the 2017 ApiNZ Conference, the current Conference Steering Committee will step down after three years of participation and effort.
With this in mind and to ensure there is a succession plan in place, it is important for the hand-over process to begin as soon as possible.
It is preferred that one person from the North Island and one from the South Island are appointed, and they together with the new CEO of ApiNZ will join the current team of four and our two professional Event Co-ordinators from November onwards in the lead up to Conference 2017.
As members of the Steering Committee the successful applicants will have the opportunity to gain a real understanding of what makes the industry tick, its participants and the diversity of stakeholders. It is a very positive and rewarding role which the current committee thoroughly enjoy.
Skills and requirements:
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Competent computer ability
- Time flexibility to attend two day meetings at least once a month across the country
- Time commitment between meetings – emails, tele-calls and other communications which can be significant closer to conference
- Ability to personally finance the pre-approved costs of attendance until re-imbursement of these direct expenses can be completed, generally at the conclusion of conference.
- A commitment to a minimum of two years, preferably a three year term
If you have questions, or would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact one of the current Steering Committee:
John Hartnell – 021 578754
Tracey Friend – 027 4444794
Sarah Dewes – 027 5344689
Kim Poynter – 021 926937
Expressions of interest including a short summary of your industry involvement may be emailed to – firstname.lastname@example.org,nz by the 14th October 2016.