Entry to the 2022 ApiNZ National Photography Competition
All entries to this competition must be made online with photos supplied to competition organisers in a digital format only (jpeg or png).
The Competition has six categories:
- Close-up print – subject must relate to apiculture
- Scenic print – subject must relate to apiculture
- Portrait print – person involved in any part of the apiculture industry
- Essay prints – a set of four to five images depicting beekeeping, honey production etc.
- ‘Oh Darn!’ – for those oops moments that occur during beekeeping
- Beekeeping business challenge – get your beekeeping business to send in a photo of your ‘office’ (apiary, hive site etc.). Who’s got the best in the country?
Entrants can enter a total of six photos in the competition.
ApiNZ will print off all photos for display at the 2022 Conference at a size of 20cm x 30cm (or 10cm x 15cm for essay prints). To cover the cost of printing, we have introduced a charge of $10 per entrant.
Competition terms and conditions*
- The ApiNZ National Photography Competition is open only to current financial members of Apiculture NZ.
- Entry to the ApiNZ National Photography Competition will only be considered complete when payment has been received in full.
- Entrants can submit up to six photos in total to the competition.
- All photo entered must be your own work.
- All entries must be submitted as digital photo files (jpegs, jpgs or png files) by emailing email@example.com. If your image is too large a file size to be emailed, please send it via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photo files must be named using the name of the photographer and the category entered. You can include the name of the photo if you wish. For example: LianeSmith_ScenicPortrait_View from Hives.jpg or JustinMorehu_BeekeepingBusinessChallenge.png
- All photos must be at a resolution of 300dpi or higher.
- ApiNZ will print off photographic entries to be displayed at Conference. We reserve the right to only print those photos supplied at the correct resolution.
- All entries must be received by 5pm Friday 24 June 2022.
- Photos may be black and white or full colour.
- We will not accept a photo that has overlaid logo or text. Additionally we will not accept a photo sent inside a Word document or PDF, or as a link to be downloaded.
- Entrants agree that any photographs entered may be used by Apiculture NZ in publications or promotional activities. ApiNZ will ensure photo credits are used.
- The judges’ decision is final.
Each image will be judged on a scale of points to determine the overall winner in each category. The Supreme Winning photo will be the image that scored highest overall. Delegates at Conference will vote for their favourite image as part of the ‘People’s Choice Award’. Winners of the Supreme Winning Photo and The People’s Choice Award will be made at the Gala Dinner on Friday 1 July.