Entry to the 2023 ApiNZ National Photography Competition
All entries to this competition must be made online with photos supplied to competition organisers in a digital format only (jpeg or png).
You can enter a maximum two entries per category.
The Competition has seven categories:
(A) Close-up Print – Subject must relate to Beekeeping
(B) Scenic Print – Apiary subject such as flowers, hives etc.
(C) Portrait print – Person or beekeeping procedure in appropriate setting
(D) Essay Prints – A set of 4 pictures depicting beekeeping
(E) ‘Oh Darn!’ – For those ‘oops’ moments that occur in beekeeping!
(F) Beekeeper Business Challenge – Beekeeping business best office
(G) Mobile Phone Snaps – Apiculture moment captured on your phone?
ApiNZ will print off all photos for display at the 2023 Conference at a size of 8in x 12in (or 6in x 4in for essay prints). The cost to enter covers the cost of printing.
Competition terms and conditions*
- The ApiNZ National Photography Competition is open only to current financial members of Apiculture NZ.
- Entry to the ApiNZ National Photography Competition will only be considered complete when payment has been received in full.
- All photo entered must be your own work.
- All entries must be submitted as digital photo files (jpegs, jpgs or png files).
- Photo files must be named using the name of the photographer and the category entered. You can include the name of the photo if you wish. For example: LianeSmith_ScenicPortrait_View from Hives.jpg or JustinMorehu_BeekeepingBusinessChallenge.png
- All photos must be at a resolution of 300dpi or higher. Visit https://convert.town/ to automatically convert your images to 300dpi before uploading to your entry form.
- ApiNZ will print off photographic entries to be displayed at Conference. We reserve the right to only print those photos supplied at the correct resolution.
- All entries must be received by 5pm Friday 16 June 2023.
- Photos may be black and white or full colour, no borders and must fit full page.
- We will not accept a photo that has overlaid logo or text. Additionally we will not accept a photo sent inside a Word document or PDF, or as a link to be downloaded.
- Entrants agree that any photographs entered may be used by ApiNZ in publications or promotional activities. ApiNZ will ensure photo credits are used.
- The judges’ decision is final.
Each image will be judged on a scale of points to determine the overall winner in each category. The Supreme Winning photo will be the image that scored highest overall. Delegates at Conference will vote for their favourite image as part of the ‘People’s Choice Award’. Winners of the Supreme Winning Photo and The People’s Choice Award will be made at the Gala Dinner on Friday 30 June 2023.