Honey mead summer punch
Hot summer days are perfect to enjoy a chilled honey mead punch or fresh honeyed lemonade. This is a great way to showcase some of our unique floral honey. Using the white -Sangria style, I encourage you to experiment with your favourite flavours when entertaining over the holiday season.
- 1 x 750ml bottle or 2 or 3 cans of your favourite mead
- 1/3 cup gently warmed floral honey like pōhutukawa
- 1 orange or mandarin sliced
- ½ lemon finely sliced,
- 1 punnet of strawberries, sliced
- Other fruit of choice grapes, fresh raspberries, peaches, nectarines etc
- A nip or two of Brandy or Peach Schnapps (optional)
- Bunch of fresh mint
- Sparkling water, club soda or ginger ale
Slice fruit and mix with honey and spirit if using to macerate (The process of soaking fruit in liquid and sugar to soften it and release its juices). Chill for an hour or two if you have the time. When ready to serve, pour chilled mead over fruit mix well and dilute to taste with your preferred sparkling water or ginger ale. Add some sprigs of fresh mint, plenty of ice and serve. Enjoy.