Honey glazed carrots with fennel and pollen
▪ a bunch of baby carrots
▪ 1/2 bulb fresh fennel, reserve fennel greens
▪ a splash of olive oil
▪ 30g butter
▪ juice of 1/2 grapefruit
▪ a few segments of grapefruit (optional)
▪ 1/2 tsp grapefruit zest
▪ 1/2 tsp whole fennel seeds
▪ 1/4 tsp fennel pollen (or other pollen)
▪ 1-2 Tbsp Honeydew or Fennel honey
▪ salt and pepper to season
- Blanch carrots and finely slice the fennel bulb on a mandolin if you have one.
- In a pan put olive oil, butter and carrots over a medium heat. Cook turning frequently until starting to colour.
- Add garlic then fennel and cook till softened.
- Add Honey and cook turning frequently until reduced and syrupy.
- Check seasoning.
- Pile onto a warm serving dish, tops with trimmed Fennel fronds, a sprinkling of Fennel Seeds and finally dust with Pollen.